yay! summer is almost here! we attempted a summer bucket list last year and did pretty well. until we got T. ha! our life was put on hold (and rightfully so!). this year, we have the ENTIRE summer before baby boy #3 comes so i’m excited to spend it with my firstborn. since it’s already hot and we make our own schedule, we’ll technically start NEXT WEEK with a few of these things.
1. movie in theatres – caleb loves going to the movies. probably because we took him to his first movie at 18 months. we usually wait until a kiddie movie makes it to our $2 theatre but we might splurge and see the matinee showing of Monsters U that’s coming out in June. either way, going to the BIG movies is a real treat for him.
2. C.R. Smith AA Museum – i don’t know why we’ve never been. this was on the list last year. it’s an airplane museum that is interactive for kids. and not too expensive (as far as museums go!).
3. go bowling – dane and i went bowling on our first date! we never go and i think that’s what makes it fun. i think caleb would love it!
4. date with dad – let’s face it. the kid is overexposed to his mama. i am so blessed to be with him every waking minute but he needs some guy time. away from the house.
5. legoland – oh my word. caleb is obsessed with legos right now. we have a few kits that he and dane put together EVERYDAY after work. they will sit for hours while i make dinner and put together cars, trucks, gas stations, whatever the instructions say. i kind of check out at those times and let them have their moment but dane tells me how impressive his concentration and fine motor skills are. so, yeah, he’ll probably flip out at legoland.
6. pay for meal/coffee – this is something we always need to be doing, right? well, we don’t. i need to be more intentional about it.
7. watch fireworks – we’ve never planned to attend an event before. we always did growing up and we need to find something local that isn’t too crazy packed.
8. friend sleepover – we’re already making plans for caleb’s best friend, jude, to come stay a night with us!
9. fun family photo – not just a phone photo.
10. play in the sprinkler – probably a daily thing but all we have is a kiddie pool and i’d like to get him a sprinkler or another fun water apparatus.
11. wild ride bike ride – may 18th! 16 mile bike ride as a family. this time, daddy will be pulling caleb behind him. woohoo!
12. go to the lake – my dad goes to the lake every year. we’ll be visiting for a weekend. can’t wait!
13. water park – there’s a huge water park right down the road from where we live and we’ve never been! mostly because i don’t know how toddler friendly it is. nothing like paying $$$ when you could have had more fun in your backyard. ha! but i think caleb is old enough to do a few rides and he’ll enjoy the lazy river and bigger pool.
14. visit snocone stand – there’s an awesome stand less than a mile from our house. gotta go!
15. ride the mini train – it is a pretty fun ride even if i barely fit in the seats.
16. s’mores – a 3 year old can handle his own marshmallow roasting, right??
17. swim lessons – they have them at our town aquatic center. i need to get on this and get him signed up!
18. water balloon fight – i’ll have to warn our neighbors. caleb screams at anything he enjoys. i think he would thoroughly enjoy this.
19. go to the zoo – classic event for the whole family
20. build a fort – i should have added ‘epic’ to it. i’m getting my engineer husband involved in this one and we’re going to build the most elaborate, sturdy indoor fort you’ve ever seen!
well, those are the big things i’d love to see fill our summer. what are yours??