because i’m just that nerdy.
1. memorize 30 verses – i have at least 20.
2. become licensed foster parents – didn’t happen in 2nd quarter, but it’s completed!
3. lose 20 lbs – still 15 to go! ha. BUT my new meds seem to be working. been on them for 28 days. hopefully this will help since i have been eating better and exercising consistently for the past 3 weeks.
4. serve Jesus better – ugh. got a placement and i feel i’ve been sucking all the service towards myself. need to keep it balanced!
5. spend more time alone with dane – we did pretty well with this during the 2nd quarter, but we haven’t been *really* alone (out and about without kiddos) in 7 weeks. still working on arranging something with our new placement.
6. pay off debt (ok, maybe this one will be). our goal for 2012 was to send $1500/month to loans (we had about $18,000 left). we weren’t able to send ANY money in april, but with our tax refund and staying diligent in june we have still averaged $1175/month so far this year. (we didn’t send any for july so we really need to send a lot on august in september if we want to reach our goal!). we now have $11,000 left. we need $2200/month to get it paid off by this year. AKA, a miracle. 🙂 the good news??? dane is completely debt free!! we started paying off his debt first because he had many different loans with smaller balances. now all we have left is my one, huge loan. ha!
7. book 12 portrait sessions with clients – i have had 7 sessions. i took the summer off to focus on our new placement. i hope to get back into shooting in the fall.
8. read 52 books. i have read 35…almost done with 36. about 5 books ahead of schedule.
9. read through the bible – i am currently ahead of schedule. i read a lot while i was in the hospital with T. it says i’m 50% through it.
10. meet weekly or monthly with a fight club or discipleship group (apart from bible study) – tori and i haven’t met since my last update due to our placements, but i have joined a ladies bible study on monday night with a group of 5-6 girls. we’re going through hebrews and it’s been really great for me.