i love lists, so here’s one for 2012
1. memorize 30 verses – this one i’m working on with caleb. using these cards right here.
2. become licensed foster parents
3. lose 20 lbs
4. serve Jesus better – this includes being a better friend, sharing the gospel, being a good example for my son, loving my husband well
5. spend more time alone with dane – every other week date nights (away from baby…we still do date nights at home when C is asleep), every other month retreat (not sure what this looks like, but i’m thinking an entire night away from baby?), yearly adventure (vacations! this one will include C or not. i just think it’s good for us all to get away)
6. pay off debt (ok, maybe this one will be). this one is HUGE. but, we sat down and looked at our budget with dane’s raise and how much we have left. it will definitely be a challenge.
7. book 12 portrait sessions with clients – if we are to become foster parents, i know my business will be put waaaay aside so i think 12 is reasonable
8. read 100 books. i’ll be using goodreads.com to keep me accountable. i don’t think i’ll actually get there, but i think it’s fun to see how many i can actually read.
9. read through the bible
10. meet weekly or monthly with a fight club or discipleship group (apart from bible study)
it would have been cool if i could have done 12, but 10 is probably too much.
happy new year!