i’m working on pics of the big party we had this weekend. it was a blast! it will probably take me a few more days since i had my best friend, nicole, take most of the detail shots for me. so i have her photos as well as mine to shuffle through.
so i thought i would start with the invites.
i knew i wanted something simple yet fun.
here is what i came up with. it was printed on UV coated thick paper so that added a nice touch as well. it was a single 5×7 card printed front and back.
this really set the stage for his entire party. i wanted it to be clean, modern, and not overwhelming. it also doubled as a new pic for the fridge!
here was my thought process for the party (that i started planning 6 months ago!):
- i knew i wanted to create my own theme. yes, i know that having a book party is not original, but the way it was all put together made it so.
- i did not care to have any ‘sets’ of anything (i.e. – matching spiderman cups, plates, napkins, etc). when he gets older he can help plan how he wants to celebrate.
- i would start with a white ‘base’ (table cloths, cake, cake bites) and then add in pops of red and aqua to bring it all together
- i wanted to make most everything (but not the cake stuff. ha! i’m not a baker)
- i wanted to give guests another option besides toys as a gift (this helps both parents AND guests!)
- i wanted it to look simple. and neat.
so i had to start with the invites (in my head) first. they didn’t actually get done until the last minute, but i had the idea for months.
little did i know i would have the hardest time choosing a photo. i went back and forth several times with design, but in the end i chose just one (like i had originally wanted) and then printed the rest (all 60 something) and had them displayed on a tree at the party. i still don’t know how i decided. i had my own system that made sense at the time. ha!
here were some of my favorite out takes (i even had a hard time picking these 16! there are so many fun ones!)…